Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 12 scallops rinsed and dried on a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut in half horizontally and then sliced in ¼ inch ½ moons
- ½ large red pepper, diced
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Hot sauce of choice
- 2 cups cooked white Basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, grated ginger, and curry powder, stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add the carrots and red pepper, cook until carrots start to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans, cover the pot, and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a low simmer.
- Taste to adjust seasoning as different curry powders are stronger than others.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Add the scallops, keeping a low simmer, and cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over white Basmati rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped tomatoes, scallions, lime, and hot sauce of choice.