Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 12 scallops rinsed and dried
- Zest of one lemon (save the lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 large shallots quartered
- 1 large yellow pepper cut into 2-inch square
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- Mix the lemon zest, garlic, pepper flakes, olive oil, and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the scallops and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start the grill (medium heat).
- While your grill heats, thread all the ingredients on four 10-inch metal skewers as follows:* Shallot, pepper, tomato, scallop, repeating two more times for a total of three scallops and four each of the vegetables per skewer.
- Brush the remaining marinate on the assembled kabobs.
- Grill on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes turning the skewers halfway during cooking.
- Transfer the kabobs to a platter with the lemon cut into wedges.
- Serve with couscous.
*Note: if using bamboo/wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes before using.