Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 12 scallops rinsed and dried on a paper towel
- 1 stick of butter divided (8 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup shitake mushroom sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves chopped and divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes
- Linguine or pasta of choice
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add in the linguine and stir. Cook until pasta is soft (about 9 minutes).
- In a pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sautéed pan. Add the scallops and sear 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent (about 6 minutes). Stir in the garlic and salt.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of butter and the mushrooms to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and start to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Lower the heat and slowly add the wine. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, half of the basil and a pinch of hot pepper flakes.
- Let the mixture thicken slightly (about 3 minutes) without boiling.
- Add the scallops to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, cover and let sit 4 minutes.
Stir in the rest of the basil.
- Plate the linguine and pour the scallops and sauce over it. Top with basil and pepper flakes.